Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yikes, my poor blog has been completely neglected! I promise I will try to do better.

I have finished my program at Disney World and am now back at home. I really meant to upload lots of pictures and stories while I was there but I was super busy. And when I wasn't super busy, I was super tired. But it was such a great experience and I miss it and my roommates already. It was such a different culture being a cast member that a lot of the habits that were ingrained into me I still can't stop doing. Examples:

Knocking on a closed door twice before walking through it (a safety issue so we weren't running in to each other)
Using the "Disney Point"- instead of pointing with just the index finger (considered rude by some), we point with the first and second finger together or gesture using an open hand (think of all five fingers extended, but glued together)
Smiling at everyone at all times no matter where I am or what I'm doing (that one is starting to wear off...)
Referring to customers as Guests
Referring to a work uniform as a costume

And the list goes on. I do miss the Disney way of life, sort of.


So what's next? Mike and I are working hard to find grown-up jobs so we can move somewhere together. Austin, Chicago, Portland, and Bristol (CT, not TN) have all been nominated for different reasons. It's still tough out there, though. The plan is basically for Mike to find his job first since his is a much more specific field than mine (film production). Wherever he gets a job, we go and I will get work too. LA and New York have been ruled out due to high cost and no desire to go there at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you both! What kind of work are you looking for? I like your city nominations, and just have to say that this past week in Portland it has been 60 degrees and sunny! :)

    ReplyDelete