Monday, March 16, 2009

I made Mike a cake for his birthday last week and here is how it turned out...


Red velvet, his favorite. I will admit that I used a box mix but it's only because the last time I attempted red velvet cupcakes from scratch I used a whole tube of red food coloring and they were definitely not red. I don't think box mixes work well with Ener-G egg replacer, FYI. It was definitely a dense cake. Oh well. The frosting recipe I used came from here and it was extremely light and fluffy and delicious.



I want to share a couple of pictures of Ben's new puppy, Dot. She and Maverick love each other and are now best buds- in the beginning he wasn't too sure what to think of her, as you can see.


But now they're inseparable. More pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment